- Facelifted Polestar 2 EV prices start from $67,400
- Now up to 654km driving range, new drivetrains and batteries
- Rivals Model 3, Ioniq 6
The Polestar 2 electric liftback has received a major refresh, with more driving range, faster charging, and standard features.
The refreshed Polestar 2 Now priced from $67,400 to $85,400 before on-road costs, the Polestar 2 EV provides between 532km to 654km of claimed WLTP driving range depending on the variant. Orders will open online on July 5, with first deliveries expected to start in August.
Although prices have risen between $3000 to $4000, Single Motor models have made the move to rear-wheel drive, the Long Range has gained a larger battery pack, and all variants have longer range, improved energy efficiency, and a body-coloured grille with improved ‘SmartZone’ safety assistance sensors.
✅CAR REVIEW: 2023 Polestar 2 Long Range review
Additionally, the Polestar electric car now includes features, such as blind-spot assist, rear cross-traffic assist, a 360-degree camera system, and Qi wireless charging pad as standard – although adaptive cruise control is still optional and smartphone digital key functionality is now part of an option pack.
Polestar 2 Key Specs: Range, Charging and Size
The 2024 Polestar 2 is available in two drivetrains and battery sizes, with an optional Performance Pack unlocking extra power via software.
All variants have gained a new battery chemistry, but still uses the nickel-manganese-cobalt (NMC) cathode. Compared to the 2023 model, here’s what’s improved for the 2024 Polestar 2 refresh:
Standard Range Single Motor
- Same 67kWh usable NMC battery size – but from a new supplier LG Chem
- Bumped 135kW DC fast charging peak (previously 130kW)
- Improved 148 to 159Wh/km energy efficiency (previously 167 to 179Wh/km)
- Switched to rear-wheel drive (previously front-mounted motor)
- 30kW more power and 160Nm more torque, quicker 6.4-second 0-100km/h time (previously 7.4 seconds)
Long Range Single Motor
- Larger 79kWh usable pack (up 4kWh net) sourced from Chinese battery giant, the Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Limited (CATL).
- Faster 205kW DC fast charging peak (previously 155kW)
- Improved 149 to 158Wh/km energy efficiency (previously 171 to 186Wh/km)
- Switched to rear-wheel drive (previously front)
- Outputs up 50kW/160Nm, quicker 6.2-second 0-100km/h time (previously 7.4 seconds)
Long Range Dual Motor
- Larger 79kWh usable pack (up 4kWh net)
- Faster 205kW DC fast charging peak (previously 155kW)
- Improved 160 to 172Wh/km energy efficiency (previously 194 to 202Wh/km)
- Outputs up 10kW/800Nm, quicker 4.2-second 0-100km/h time (previously 4.7 seconds)
- Optional Performance Pack now boosts the power to 350kW, with a sharper 4.2-second 0-100km/h acceleration time (previously 4.7 seconds)
Polestar 2 Price, Models and Features
All three 2024 Polestar 2 configurations come with a high specification level as standard, with three option packs and individual options available.
Polestar 2 Standard Range Single Motor price: $67,400 before on-road costs
The 2024 Polestar 2 is priced from $67,400 before on-road costs (up $3500) for the Standard Range. Key features include an 11.15-inch portrait-orientated touchscreen running Google’s Android Automotive operating system, wireless Apple CarPlay, Type 2 to Type 2 portable charging cable, blind-spot assist, rear cross-traffic assist, and a 360-degree camera system as standard.
Standard Range Single Motor features:
|Battery||67kWh usable NMC battery|
|Seven-metre home trickle charging 2.3kW AC cable (Mode 2)|
|Six-metre Type 2 to Type 2 11kW AC portable charging cable (Mode 3)|
|Exterior||19-inch alloy wheels|
|Full LED head- and tail-lights|
|Frameless wing mirrors with auto dimming|
|Interior||Textile animal-free seats (Charcoal or Zinc) with etched trim|
|Manually adjustable front seats with four-way electric lumbar adjustment, driver’s seat memory|
|Heated front seats|
|‘Mid-level’ interior lights|
|Charcoal headliner and textile floor mats|
|Auto dimming rear view mirror|
|Technology||11.15-inch portrait infotainment system powered by Android Automotive OS with built-in Google Maps and over-the-air software update capability|
|Three-year Google service connectivity|
|Wired Apple CarPlay|
|12.3-inch driver instrument display|
|Polestar Connect services and remote smartphone app|
|Qi wireless charging pad|
|Eight-speaker premium audio|
|Safety assist||Front auto emergency braking (AEB) with vehicle/cyclist/pedestrian detection|
|Rear cross-traffic assist|
|Standard cruise control|
|Traffic sign recognition with speed limiter|
|Run-off road mitigation|
|Oncoming lane mitigation|
|Front, rear, side parking sensors|
Polestar 2 Long Range Single Motor price: $71,400 before on-road costs
Additionally, for $4000 more, the Long Range gains a larger battery, more driving range (the longest in the line-up), and faster DC charging capability.
Long Range Single Motor adds:
|Battery||79kWh usable NMC battery|
Polestar 2 Long Range Dual Motor price: $76,400 before on-road costs
For another $5000 more, the Dual Motor adds a front electric motor for all-wheel drive, plus more power and torque. It is also the only variant that can be optioned with the Performance Pack (more details below).
Polestar 2 Options
- Standard paint – no cost: Magnesium
- Premium paint – $1500: Snow; Thunder; Jupiter; Midnight; Space
- 20-inch alloy wheels – $1400
- Zinc Nappa leather seats with ventilation function and light ash trim – $6000
- Semi-electric folding tow bar – $2850
Pilot Pack – $3500:
- Adaptive cruise control with lane-centring assist (‘Pilot Assist’)
- Pixel adaptive LED headlights
- LED front fog lights with cornering function
Plus Pack – $6000:
- WeaveTech animal-free seats (Charcoal or Slate) with black ash trim
- Fixed panoramic glass roof with Polestar logo projection
- Smartphone-based Polestar Digital Key
- Hands-free foot sensor electric tailgate
- Heat pump
- Full electrically adjustable front seats with manual cushion extension
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated windscreen washer nozzles
- ‘High-level’ interior illumination
- ‘Lid in lid’ boot divider
- CleanZone mode with air quality app
- Tinted rear window
Performance Pack (Long Range Dual Motor only) – $9000:
- Performance software upgrade (maximum power increased to 350kW)
- Gold brake callipers, valve caps, and interior seat belts
- 20-inch forged alloy wheels with Continental SportContact 6 tyres (245/40)
- Four-piston Brembo brake callipers
- Öhlins manually adjustable dampers
Polestar 2 Warranty and Servicing
The Polestar 2 is covered by a five-year, unlimited kilometre vehicle warranty and an eight-year/160,000km battery warranty – with the latter promising it won’t degrade by more than 30 per cent within the coverage period.
Servicing is only required every 24 months/30,000km, with three years of roadside assistance coverage, and over-the-air software update support for the vehicle’s lifetime.
Three years of Polestar Connect and Google services are included.
How does the Polestar 2 compare to other EVs?
The Chinese-made Polestar EV provides more claimed range from its larger battery, but the Tesla has the advantage of a longer-lasting lithium-iron-phosphate (LFP) battery, more power and torque, and faster DC charging capability.
However, while the Polestar is pricier than the smaller Cupra electric hot hatch, it has more boot space and longer claimed WLTP range.
Importantly, the updated Polestar 2 seems to have addressed most gripes we’ve had with the previous 2023 model, at least on paper.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Only the mid-spec Polestar 2 Long Range Single Motor is comparable with the base Hyundai Ioniq 6, so we've excluded it in the table below which compares between base models.
Polestar 2 FAQs
Datawrappers by Danny Thai
Stay up to date with the latest EV news
- Get the latest news and update
- New EV model releases
- Get money savings-deal