- 2024 Tesla Model 3 price starts from $61,900
- Up to 629km range for best-selling EV
- Mid-life refresh brings updated interior and exterior
Australia's top-selling electric sedan, the Tesla Model 3, has received a mid-life update. The 2024 Tesla Model 3 'Highland' edition is now priced from $61,900 to $71,900 before on-road costs in Australia.
The updated 2024 Tesla Model 3 now offers a claimed WLTP driving range of between 513 km to 629 km, depending on the variant. It shares the same base as the more practical Model Y electric SUV, but provides more driving range and quicker performance due to its lighter aerodynamic body shape.OFFER: $750 off a Tesla Model Y and 3 months free trial for Enhanced Autopilot
2024 Model 3 Update: What's Changed?
Improved range and aerodynamics
The 2024 Tesla Model 3 introduces a sleeker design, improved aerodynamics and better driving range.
The sleeker design as improved the sedan's aerodynamic efficiency by 8% to achieve a drag co-efficient of 0.219 (vs. 0.225 previously)
|'24 Tesla M3||Range||Diff. ('24 v '23)|
|RWD||513 km||+22 km|
|Long Range||629 km||+27 km|
Sleeker exterior design
The most profound changes to the exterior are to the front, led by a new front end with slimmer matrix LED headlights and a simpler front bumper with a reshaped air intake.
Other key exterior changes include:
- Thinner one-piece C-shape tail-light
- More efficient 18-inch 'Photon' and optional 19-inch 'Nova' wheel ($1800) designs
- Additional colour options include: Ultra Red ($2600) and Stealth Grey ($2300) exterior colours
Improved interior and sound insulation
Inside, the 2024 Tesla Model 3 is now more upmarket with improved material quality, redesigned dashboard, and ambient lighting strip that runs across the doors and front dashboard.
The front dashboard now has more prominent air vents and the passenger-side vents can be individually turned off.
The facelifted Model 3 gets a new steering wheel design. The stalks have been removed and have been replaced with touch-sensitive indicators and automatic ‘Smart Shift’ drive selection or via the touchscreen.
Upgraded passenger technology
Rear passengers now benefit from an 8.0-inch touchscreen behind the centre console to control the rear air vents, view videos and play games.
The 15.4 -inch centre infotainment screen remains but has improved brightness and controls customisation.
The base RWD now only has nine speakers – with a single amplifier.
The Long Range audio system has been upgraded to 17 speakers with improved bass from dual subwoofers and amplifiers.
Power to the USB-C charging ports has been upgraded to 65 watts.
2024 Model 3 Specs: Range, Charging and Size
The Model 3 electric sedan RWD and Long Range variants are differentiated by the drivetrain and battery pack.
The Model 3 rear-wheel drive (RWD) has a single-motor setup and is most efficient, while all-wheel drive Long Range gains more powerful dual-motors and a larger battery to yield more driving range.
The key difference is the Model 3 RWD has a lithium-iron-phosphate (LFP) battery and can recharge at up to 170kW DC (with no charge limit), whereas the Long Range use a nickel-manganese-cobalt (NMC) pack and peaks at up to 250kW DC speeds (with a 90 per cent charge limit recommendation).
2024 Model 3 Price and Models
Both 2024 Model 3 electric sedan variants share largely the same features as standard.
EDITOR'S NOTE: All prices listed below exclude Tesla’s mandatory $400 ordering fee and $1400 delivery charge.
2024 Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive price: $61,900 before on-road costs
The refreshed Tesla Model 3 is priced from $61,900 before on-road costs for the standard range RWD. Key features include a 15-inch central touchscreen with over-the-air software update capabilities, a minimalist animal-free interior, and camera-only safety assistance systems.
Rear-Wheel Drive features:
- 57.5kWh usable LFP battery
- 18-inch Photon' alloy wheels with aero covers
- LED headlights, daytime running lights and taillights
- Power folding, auto-dimming, heated wing mirrors
- Matte black window surrounds, side indicators and flush door handles
- Electric tailgate
- Acoustic glass (now on rear windows, in addition to front-side windows, windscreen)
- Black vegan interior with wood decor
- Power-adjustable, new-design front seats with power adjustment, heating (existing), ventilation (new)
- Heated front and rear seats
- Dual-zone climate control
- Fixed glass roof
- Double-glazed front windows
- Interior floor mats
- Ambient interior lighting (new)
- 15.4-inch central infotainment system and instruments with built-in Google Maps
- 8.0-inch rear passenger touchscreen
- Over-the-air software update capability
- 30-day Premium Connectivity trial
- Dual Qi wireless phone chargers (with up to 65 watts)
- Three USB-C ports (one front, two rear)
- 128GB USB for dashcam and Sentry Mode recording
- 9-speaker audio
- Tesla mobile app
- Tesla Vision Basic Autopilot package
- Auto emergency braking (AEB)
- Lane departure warning and lane-centering assist
- Blind-spot monitoring and camera view
- Adaptive cruise control ‘Autopilot’
- Reversing camera
2024 Model 3 Long Range price: $71,900 before on-road costs
Additionally, for $10,000 more, the Long Range gains upgraded sound system, the larger battery pack, and dual-motor all-wheel drive powertrain.
Long Range adds:
- 75.0kWh usable NMC battery
- 17-speaker sound system with two subwoofers, two amplifiers
2024 Model 3 Performance price: TBC
Tesla has yet to confirm pricing and details of the 2024 Tesla Model 3 Performance.
2024 Model 3 options
- Standard paint – no cost: Pearl White Multi-Coat
- Premium paint – $1500: Solid Black; Midnight Silver Metallic; Deep Blue Metallic
- Stealth Grey paint – $2400
- Ultra Red Multi-Coat paint – $2400
- 19-inch Nova wheels – $1800
- Black and white interior – $1500
- Tesla Mobile Connector trickle charging cable – $550
Enhanced Autopilot – $5100:
- Navigate on Autopilot on highways (assists with lane changing and highway exits)
- Automatic lane change assist
- Automatic parking assist
- Summon (remotely move forwards and backwards)
- Smart Summon (remotely drives to owner)
‘Full Self-Driving Capability’ – $10,100:
- Enhanced Autopilot features
- Traffic light and stop sign control (slows down the vehicle while using adaptive cruise control)
Premium Connectivity – $9.99/month:
- Satellite-view maps with live-traffic lines
- Music and video app streaming
- Remote exterior and interior camera monitoring (via mobile app)
- Internet browser
2024 Model 3 Warranty and Servicing
The Tesla Model 3 is backed by a four-year/80,000km vehicle warranty and roadside assistance with a different battery warranty depending on the drivetrain variant
For the base Model 3 RWD, it has a eight-year/160,000km battery warranty, whereas the Model 3 Long Range and Performance are covered for eight-years/192,000km. Tesla promises it’ll keep at least 70 per cent of its battery health over the coverage period.
It adopts a condition-based servicing scheme, meaning the vehicle will notify the owner when its sensors detect it’s time for check-up via the mobile app.
Tesla also recommends a range of specific routine maintenance tasks, including:
- Cabin air filter – every two years
- Tyre rotation, balance and wheel alignment – every 10,000km/if the tread depth difference is 1.5mm or more
- Brake fluid test – every two years
- Air conditioning desiccant bag – replace every four years
- Cleaning and lubricating brake callipers – every 12 months/20,000km (for cars in cold weather regions only)
How Does the 2024 Tesla Model 3 Compare to Other EVs?
Model 3 Long RWD vs the Competition
Below is the Tesla Model 3 RWD benchmarked against other similarly sized single motor sedans. The Model 3 RWD represents strong value for the performance and range on offer against its peers. The Polestar 2 Standard Range appears to be the closest match to the Model 3 RWD with respect to price, performance, range and charging speed.
Model 3 Long Range AWD vs the Competition
Below is the Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD benchmarked against other similarly sized dual single motor (AWD) sedans. The Model 3 Long Range represents strong value for the performance and range on offer against its peers.
Tesla Model 3 Price History
NOTE: Prices exclude on-road costs, mandatory $400 ordering fee, and $1400 delivery charge.
|Model/Variant||February 2023||April 2023||May 2023||July 2023||Sept 2023|
|Model 3 RWD||$64,300||$60,900||$61,300||$57,400||$61,900|
|Model 3 Long Range||$77,300||$73,900||$74,300||$70,400||$71,900|
|Model 3 Performance||$90,300||$86,900||$87,300||$83,400||TBC|
2024 Model 3 FAQs
Learn more about the Tesla Model 3👇
Stay up to date with the latest EV news
- Get the latest news and update
- New EV model releases
- Get money savings-deal