- BYD electric car priced from $48,011
- One high-spec variant with two LFP Blade Battery sizes
- Up to 420km range, includes heat pump, PM2.5 filter, V2L
The 2023 BYD Atto 3 has been given a price increase of $3630, but remains one of the few affordable electric SUVs in Australia.
The Forest Green exterior colour option is also now available to order – confirming the brochure leaked last year. It's an additional $700 option for both Standard- and Extended Range batteries.
The BYD Atto 3 is now priced from $48,011 for the Standard Range and $51,011 Extended Range before on-road costs. It provides up to 420km of claimed WLTP range featuring a 12.8-inch rotating infotainment system capable of receiving over-the-air (OTA) software updates, a 360-degree camera system, and a NFC card key.
✅CAR REVIEW: BYD Atto 3 Extended Range Owners Review
The BYD electric car is capable of recharging on up to 7kW AC and 70kW DC (Standard Range) or 80kW DC (Extended Range). It also includes a power board adapter to use vehicle-to-load (V2L) via the front-right exterior charging port.
A single top-spec variant is offered using a choice of two proprietary lithium-iron-phosphate (LFP) Blade Battery sizes that’s said to be more space efficient, durable and safer than conventional LFP packs.
Other headlining features include an energy-saving heat pump for colder conditions, a PM2.5 cabin air filter, complete active safety assistance suite as standard, and sequential rear indicators. It currently lacks Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone projection, but local distributor EVDirect has promised it will be available soon via an OTA update.
Atto 3 Specs: Range, Charging and Size
The main difference between the Standard Range and Extended Range Atto 3 is the larger battery pack, which gives the latter an additional 75km of range.View the full specs
Atto 3 Price, Models and Features
Atto 3 Standard Range price: $48,011 before on-road costs
Standard Range estimated price after incentives:
The BYD Atto 3 Standard Range costs between $46,118 to $48,880 after applicable on-road costs and government incentives.
Atto 3 Standard Range features:
|Battery||49.9kWh usable Blade Battery|
|Exterior||18-inch alloy wheels (215/55)|
|Power folding heated wing mirrors|
|LED headlights with auto high beam assist|
|LED tail lights with sequential indicators|
|Interior||Two-tone Eclipse Blue/Hazy Grey synthetic leather interior|
|Six-way electrically adjustable driver seat|
|Four-way electrically adjustable front passenger seat|
|Front heated seats|
|Auto/up down for all four windows|
|Colour gradient ambient lighting|
|LED interior lights|
|Auto single-zone climate control|
|PM2.5 air filter|
|Technology||12.8-inch rotating infotainment system capable of receiving OTA updates|
|FM/DAB radio, Bluetooth, Spotify streaming app|
|Built-in navigation powered by Nokia’s Here Technologies|
|5-inch driver's instrument display|
|Eight-speaker Dirac sound system|
|Qi wireless charging pad|
|Built-in front dashcam video recorder|
|Keyless entry and start|
|NFC card key|
|Safety assist||Auto emergency braking|
|Rear cross traffic alert and brake assist|
|Rear collision warning|
|Blind spot monitoring|
|Lane keep assist and departure warning|
|Door open warning|
|Two front, four rear radars|
Atto 3 Extended Range price: $51,011 before on-road costs
Extended Range estimated price after incentives:
The BYD Atto 3 Extended Range costs between $49,118 to $51,880 after applicable on-road costs and government incentives.
Atto 3 Extended Range adds:
|Battery||60.5kWh usable Blade Battery|
BYD Atto 3 options
- Standard paint – no cost: Ski White
- Premium paint – $700: Surf Blue; Boulder Grey; Parkour Red; Forest Green
Atto 3 Government Incentives
Atto 3 Warranty and Servicing
The BYD Atto 3 is covered by a six-year/150,000km vehicle warranty and eight-year/160,000km battery warranty, promising it retains at least 70 per cent of its health.
However, the distributor EVDirect specifies separate warranty exclusions for select parts, including:
- Drive unit (motor, motor controller, high voltage electric control assembly) – Eight-years/150,000km
- Lights; tyre pressure monitoring module; suspension; ball joint – Four-years/100,000km
- Infotainment system; shock absorber; belt; dust cover; bushing or gasket; release and wheel bearings; PM2.5 sensor; AC/DC charging port; USB charging ports – Three-years/60,000km
- 12-volt auxillary battery – 12-months/20,000km
- Air conditioner filters (filter net, high efficient strainer, electrostatic filter); button key battery; brake pads; clutch disc; tyres; wiper blade assembly; bulbs; fuses; ordinary relays – Six-months/10,000km
Only 12 months of roadside assistance coverage is included.
The BYD electric car can be serviced via Eagers Automotive-run BYD showrooms and select mycar Tyre and Auto mechanics. For a full list of service locations, refer to the BYD Automotive website.
Owners can choose from two servicing tiers:
- Standard: Every 12 months/20,000km, with capped prices over eight-years/160,000km averaging $298.75 per visit
- Light: Every 12 months/12,000km, with capped prices over five-years/60,000km costing a fixed $189 per visit
An initial free three-month/5000km service is needed.
If an owner chooses the light plan but exceeds driving 60,000km during the first five-years, service prices will revert to the standard kilometre schedule.
BYD Atto 3 FAQs
Datawrappers by Danny Thai
Learn more about the BYD Atto 3
Stay up to date with the latest EV news
- Get the latest news and update
- New EV model releases
- Get money savings-deal