- Prices for the Kia EV9 range to start from $97,000 to $121,000 before on-road costs
- One of a few fully electric cars with 7 seats
- Built on the same E-GMP Platform as the Kia EV6
Prices for the much anticipated Kia EV9 to start from $97,000 before on-road costs
According to a Facebook user from the KIA EV6 EV9 Owners Club Australia / NZ group, pricing for the Kia EV9 range was released to the Kia Australia dealer network today. Pricing (before on-road costs) across the range is confirmed as follows
- Air RWD Standard Range $97,000
- Earth AWD Long Range $106,500
- GT-Line AWD Long Range $121,000
The Kia EV9 range will miss out on the majority of state government incentives (it will be eligible for stamp duty exemption in the ACT and Tasmania). It will not be eligible for the EV FBT exemption due to being over the Luxury Car Tax (LCT) threshold of $89,332 for 2023/24.
The EV9 is Kia's first three-row electric flagship SUV
The EV9 is designed under Kia’s ‘Opposites United’ philosophy, which combines elements of nature and modernity. The vehicle has a bold and confident visual presence, sleek and sculptural shapes, and assertive geometry.
- Exterior Features: The EV9 showcases a ‘Digital Tiger Face’ with a ‘Digital Pattern Lighting Grille’ and vertical headlamps. It also introduces ‘Star Map LED daytime running lights’ that signal a new direction for Kia’s future EV models. The vehicle's side profile is defined by polygonal design language, emphasizing its SUV identity and aerodynamic efficiency.
- Interior Design: The interior is influenced by the ‘Technology for Life’ pillar of Kia’s design philosophy, focusing on space, comfort, and technology for all passengers. The EV9’s flat-floor architecture maximizes interior space, offering lounge-style comfort in all three rows of seats, available in both six and seven-seat configurations.
- Seating and Comfort: The seats in the first and second rows can recline for relaxation during charging, and the second-row seats can swivel to face the third row. The third row includes cup holders and charging points for added convenience.
- Technology Integration: The dashboard features two 12.3-inch touch screens and a 5-inch segment display, minimizing physical buttons. The center console offers ample sto
Key specifications for the Kia EV9 were previously confirmed in government documents.
The upcoming 2024 Kia EV9 electric SUV is set to arrive in Australian showrooms soon, offering a selection of battery sizes and driving ranges. The Australian government has approved the sale of the EV9, which will come in rear-wheel-drive Standard Range and all-wheel-drive Long Range variants. The Long Range model will be available in standard and GT-Line trims, featuring alloy wheels ranging from 19 to 21 inches.
The Standard Range model will have a 76.1kWh battery and a single electric motor producing 160kW/350Nm, achieving 0-100km/h in 8.2 seconds. The Long Range AWD steps up with dual motors, 283kW/600Nm, and a 99.8kWh battery, reducing the 0-100km/h time to six seconds. An overseas 'boost' feature, which is yet to be confirmed for Australia, can further increase performance.
The driving range for the Standard Range RWD has not been disclosed, but the Long Range AWD is claimed to reach 496km on the WLTP cycle. There may be three model grades, with the possibility of names like Air for the entry model and Earth for a mid-grade model, alongside the GT-Line.
Stay up to date with the latest EV news
- Get the latest news and update
- New EV model releases
- Get money savings-deal