- BYD electric car priced from $48,011 to $51,011
- One high-spec variant with two LFP Blade Battery sizes
- Up to 420km range, includes heat pump, PM2.5 filter, V2L
The popular compact BYD Atto 3 electric SUV is priced from $48,011 to $51,011 before on-road costs in Australia.
The 2024 BYD Atto 3 is expected to receive a several minor updates such as additional paint and interior trim colours, albeit this has yet to be confirmed by BYD Australia. The 2023 BYD Atto 3 is currently eligible for a cashback offer.
The BYD Atto 3 is now priced from $48,011 for the Standard Range and $51,011 Extended Range before on-road costs. It provides up to 420km of claimed WLTP range featuring a 12.8-inch rotating infotainment system capable of receiving over-the-air (OTA) software updates, a 360-degree camera system, and a NFC card key.
✅CAR REVIEW: BYD Atto 3 Extended Range Owners Review
The BYD electric car is capable of recharging on up to 7kW AC and 70kW DC (Standard Range) or 80kW DC (Extended Range). It also includes a power board adapter to use vehicle-to-load (V2L) via the front-right exterior charging port.
A single top-spec variant is offered using a choice of two proprietary lithium-iron-phosphate (LFP) Blade Battery sizes that’s said to be more space efficient, durable and safer than conventional LFP packs.
Atto 3 Specs: Range, Charging and Size
The Atrto 3 has a single-motor front-wheel drive setup on both variants.
The main difference between the Standard Range and Extended Range Atto 3 is the larger battery pack, which gives the latter an additional 75km of range.
Maximum DC charge power is quoted at 80kW for the Extended Range, however real-world tests reveal it is capable of up to 89kW.View the full specs
Atto 3 Price, Models and Features
Atto 3 Standard Range price: $48,011 before on-road costs
Standard Range estimated price after incentives:
The BYD Atto 3 Standard Range costs between $46,118 to $48,880 after applicable on-road costs and government incentives.
Atto 3 Standard Range features:
|49.9kWh usable Blade Battery
|18-inch alloy wheels (215/55)
|Power folding heated wing mirrors
|LED headlights with auto high beam assist
|LED tail lights with sequential indicators
|Two-tone Eclipse Blue/Hazy Grey synthetic leather interior
|Six-way electrically adjustable driver seat
|Four-way electrically adjustable front passenger seat
|Front heated seats
|Auto/up down for all four windows
|Colour gradient ambient lighting
|LED interior lights
|Auto single-zone climate control
|PM2.5 air filter
|12.8-inch rotating infotainment system capable of receiving OTA updates
|FM/DAB radio, Bluetooth, Spotify streaming app
|Built-in navigation powered by Nokia’s Here Technologies
|5-inch driver's instrument display
|Eight-speaker Dirac sound system
|Qi wireless charging pad
|Built-in front dashcam video recorder
|Keyless entry and start
|NFC card key
|Auto emergency braking
|Rear cross traffic alert and brake assist
|Rear collision warning
|Blind spot monitoring
|Lane keep assist and departure warning
|Door open warning
|Two front, four rear radars
Atto 3 Extended Range price: $51,011 before on-road costs
Extended Range estimated price after incentives:
The BYD Atto 3 Extended Range costs between $49,118 to $51,880 after applicable on-road costs and government incentives.
Atto 3 Extended Range adds:
|60.5kWh usable Blade Battery
BYD Atto 3 options
- Standard paint – no cost: Ski White
- Premium paint – $700: Surf Blue; Boulder Grey; Parkour Red; Forest Green
Atto 3 Government Incentives
Atto 3 Warranty and Servicing
The BYD Atto 3 is covered by a six-year/150,000km vehicle warranty and eight-year/160,000km battery warranty, promising it retains at least 70 per cent of its health.
However, the distributor EVDirect specifies separate warranty exclusions for select parts, including:
- Drive unit (motor, motor controller, high voltage electric control assembly) – Eight-years/150,000km
- Lights; tyre pressure monitoring module; suspension; ball joint – Four-years/100,000km
- Infotainment system; shock absorber; belt; dust cover; bushing or gasket; release and wheel bearings; PM2.5 sensor; AC/DC charging port; USB charging ports – Three-years/60,000km
- 12-volt auxillary battery – 12-months/20,000km
- Air conditioner filters (filter net, high efficient strainer, electrostatic filter); button key battery; brake pads; clutch disc; tyres; wiper blade assembly; bulbs; fuses; ordinary relays – Six-months/10,000km
Only 12 months of roadside assistance coverage is included.
The BYD electric car can be serviced via Eagers Automotive-run BYD showrooms and select mycar Tyre and Auto mechanics. For a full list of service locations, refer to the BYD Automotive website.
Owners can choose from two servicing tiers:
- Standard: Every 12 months/20,000km, with capped prices over eight-years/160,000km averaging $298.75 per visit
- Light: Every 12 months/12,000km, with capped prices over five-years/60,000km costing a fixed $189 per visit
An initial free three-month/5000km service is needed.
If an owner chooses the light plan but exceeds driving 60,000km during the first five-years, service prices will revert to the standard kilometre schedule.
Atto 3 Comparison
BYD Atto 3 Extended Range Comparison
BYD Line-up Comparison
BYD Atto 3 FAQs
Learn more about the BYD Atto 3
About the author
Danny is a consultant and entrepreneur working at the cutting edge of the electric vehicle and energy transition. He is passionate about educating and helping consumers make better decisions through data. He is the founder of zecar and is currently the EV Innovation Manager at Endeavour Energy.
Stay up to date with the latest EV news
- Get the latest news and update
- New EV model releases
- Get money savings-deal