The BYD Atto 3 compact SUV is one of Australia’s most affordable electric cars with up to 420km of range (WLTP), a 12.8-inch rotating infotainment system, and a raft of safety assistance systems as standard. Like any car, regular servicing is essential to keep the BYD Atto 3 running smoothly and in good condition.
In this article, we'll cover some important aspects of servicing the BYD Atto 3, including service costs, key maintenance items, and vehicle and battery warranty.
📖 LEARN MORE
Service Schedule and Costs for the BYD Atto 3
There are two servicing options for the BYD electric car:
- Standard kilometres: Every 12 months/20,000km, with capped prices over eight-years/160,000km averaging $298.75 per visit
- Lower kilometres: Every 12 months/12,000km, with capped prices over five-years/60,000km costing a fixed $189 per visit
If an owner chooses lower kilometres but exceeds driving 60,000km during the first five-years, service prices will revert to the standard kilometre schedule after the distance cap is reached.
An initial free three-month/5000km service is also needed.
Key Maintenance Items in a BYD Atto 3
Regular or Scheduled Maintenance
Although electric vehicles like the BYD Atto 3 are easier to maintain than an ICE vehicle since they have few mechanical and moving parts, there are still several items that require maintenance/replacement periodically. With respect the BYD Atto 3, the key ones include:
- Tyre rotation every 10,000 kms depending on tread depth
- Brake pad replacement - depends on use
- Engine air filter replacement
- HEPA filter replacement - every 2 years
- Brake fluid flush - every two years
- Drive unit coolant flush - every 4 years / 80,000 kms
- Transmission oil replacement - every 2 years
Vehicle and Battery Warranty on BYD Atto 3
The BYD Atto 3's battery is known to be durable and reliable. It uses BYD's patented LFP blade batteries which are covered by an eight-year/160,000km battery warranty, promising it retains at least 70 per cent of its health.
The vehicle is covered by a six-year/150,000km vehicle warranty, however, several exclusions apply.
Where Can You Service the BYD Atto 3?
It can be serviced at Eagers Automotive-run BYD Service Centres and select mycar Tyre and Auto (formerly Kmart Tyre and Auto) locations, promising there'll be 40 sites in total across the country. A full list of locations can be viewed here.
The distributor is also working on a BYD Service smartphone app, promises to stock a "full range" of genuine BYD parts in Brisbane, and will release an online portal for independent mechanics to learn how to service EVs safely.
Stay up to date with the latest EV news
- Get the latest news and update
- New EV model releases
- Get money savings-deal